It's a nice comforting thing to remember when it was warm here, and have faith that it will be again soon. :) We've been looking through some photos of the summer when we arrived, and we're longing for that weather. So here are a few images from then that never made it here:
Cafe de Moim treats us right. Nice smiley faces in all our lattes. We've become friends with the owner. It's become a nice little friendly place for us. We love it. And I have to admit, I didn't expect much from coffee in Korea, as it's not really an Asian thing, but this place is awesome.
We survived our first typhoon just a couple of weeks after we arrived. Of course, we had no idea there was a typhoon until after the fact when half the trees around were lying on the ground and some of the Koreans we new told us there was a typhoon. I guess that's what you get when you don't speak the language and don't even have a tv to watch the news. Most of the trees in Songdo are new, so there were a lot down. It was pretty incredible.
A few weeks after we arrived we went to get bikes with Stephen & Andrea at the shop they recommended. This is the first time in our lives Ashley and I have ever bought brand new bikes, so we were pretty overwhelmed. We took way too long to decide. We're pretty sure the people at the store were kind of annoyed, but they didn't really speak any English, so they couldn't tell us so. :) But they were really very nice.
And here's Ashley on her beloved brand new bike. She was sooo happy! Unfortunately her bike was stolen in the garage a couple of months after this. She was sooo sad. :(
Stephen had to do a little demonstrating of the work-out equipment provided in the local parks. I'm not sure that's how you really do that one. ??
I still keep taking photos of our complex. For some reason the buildings are incredibly fascinating to me. The sky was incredibly beautiful this day. I couldn't help it. I'm excited for it to warm up so I can get out and shoot a lot more.









Nice cw shirt, Ash! Can I put that photo on the charity: water blog? :-)
ReplyDeleteSpoke to An + Steve for a minute last night on Skype... we miss you all!!
It's been cold here too. We just finished with a winter storm that dropped 18 inches of snow in CoMo. I've got pics on my blog if you missed seeing what happened here last week! Love your shot of the sky. Gorgeous.
ReplyDelete