Recently, we and the Varners became official members of a climbing gym. We started going over Christmas break and have been hooked ever since. I would make a joke about us being "roped" in, but it's just a bouldering gym, so no ropes necessary. (and it wouldn't have been funny anyway.) It's been a lot of fun, and we've all been getting a lot better. In fact, this last Friday, Stephen, Andrea, Ashley and I, or "Whiskey Team" (as our team was named by our Korean climbing friends) won a little competition that we kind of reluctantly joined. It felt pretty good and we all had a great time cheering each other on. Everyone at the gym is so nice and welcoming and encouraging. We've really started feeling like we belong there. Even though we barely know any of the people, there are always plenty of smiles, awkward attempts at conversations, and a lot of nodding, pointing, and thumbs up. We're all excited about getting to spend more time there, both for the climbing and the people. They've been very welcoming and kind to us.
Here are some photos from one night:
We do a lot of this...
...and definitely a lot of this...







There are so many holds! I wish I were there crushing with you guys!!!
ReplyDelete- Brett