Anyway, here are some photos of my couple of days there. The people from the climbing gym took great care of me while I was there. They made sure that I rarely had to eat the hospital food and kept me company the whole time. It was kind of awkward, language-barriered company, but it was really nice.
This is Sinchan, the gym owners' son. He's basically a live cartoon character. He's really warm and friendly, and a great little climber.
This is Sukyung. She and her husband own the gym. She dropped me. But at least she took great care of me after the fact. Actually, she was in a terrible accident a few years ago that she's still recovering from, as you can see by her crutch in the background. She was so kind as to let me use her wheelchair these past two months.
This is my little hospital support team. They wheeled me out to dinner after hearing that I loved octopus.
You know this one.
Pre-cast:
Casts:

It's been a good experience, though not easy. I'm just thankful that it wasn't as bad as it easily could have been. At least now I have fresh fleshy feet again. They're a little hobbly and sore, but it's great. I'm hoping to be back to walking and running and climbing again soon. But for now it's one step at a time, slowly gaining strength, remembering and experiencing how fragile I am and how quickly and drastically things can change beyond my control.









so glad you're feeling better, Derek! Chinese people tend to be the same way about hospitals. lots of people i know get shots every time they have a cold. i don't get it...
ReplyDelete